Don’t you Remember,
The Fifth of November,
‘Twas Gunpowder Treason Day,
I let off my gun,
And made’em all run.
And Stole all their Bonfire away
(Unknown – 1742)
If you want to know more about this day, check out these youtube-videoes, which tells the story about the gunpowder plot of 1605 in the UK.
An old UK school movie:
Here I pieced together BBC documentary from youtube.
BBC Part one:
BBC Part two:
BBC Part three:
BBC Part four:
BBC Part five:
There been written up and down about this day. So I think I will leave it be. For two years ago I wrote it in Norwegian. Today I let the videoes from BBC. Speak my peace.
1. The Police and its sister security agencies have boosted security in the Western districts of Kasese, Bundibugyo and Ntoroko following the tragic events surrounding the ethnic and cultural conflicts in the area.
2. The area that comprises the Mountain Rwenzori National Park has very significant Safari attractions that have drawn an increase in the number of visitors in the area.
3. This is to therefore, inform all domestic and international tourists that the combined forces of the Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF) and the Uganda Police (UPF) successfully countered the attackers who were linked to the Rwenzururu Kingdom and arrested several of whom it arraigned before the courts of Law.
4. Apparently, calm has been fully restored in the area and recreation centers opened by the Government in the districts of Bundibugyo and Kasese that has led to the recovery of several guns and ammunitions as well as accommodating people seeking shelter and protection. The local leaders and elders managing these centers have taken the lead for the immediate restoration of calm by dialoguing and engaging the locals and all other stakeholders in the area to solve the current issues.
5. The deployment of appropriate Police and Military assets and supporting infrastructure has created safety for visitors selecting the Rwenzori region as a holiday destination. The Tourism Police that is tasked with the primary mandate of ensuring the safety and security of both international and domestic tourists, tourist attractions and facilities in Uganda is fully deployed covering all facilities in and around both the Queen Elizabeth and Mountain Rwenzori National Parks.
6. The Police therefore, urges the public and all tour companies to resume their operations in the area and benefit from the security infrastructure in the area.
Press and Public Relations Officer