MinBane

Helt ute av sporet (Okumala ekigwo okulyaku kya okuziga)

Archive for the tag “Mouvement du 23-March”

RDC: Declaration Politique des Deputes Nationaux du Grand-Nord sur la Situation Securitaire Deficitaire (20.07.2017)

RDC: “A cet effet, le Comite Directeur de l’ARC fait la declaration suivante” (15.07.2017)

RDC: MSR / G7 Afrique du Sud – Communique de Presse (14.07.2017)

RDC: Communique du PPRD (15.07.2017)

DRC: Time to care about the mass graves in the Kasai-Oriental Province Part II

By Mid-April there we’re found 40 Mass Graves in the Kasai-Oriental Region in the Democratic Republic of Congo. You would think the findings of 40 Mass Graves in the region are dire enough. The warning signs of the efforts done to kill and burn villages in the region. The province of Kasai has been targeted by the Armed Forces of Democratic of Congo (FARDC). This has been done since there is local rebellion because of the violence of the army, this is known as Kamunia Nsapu.

The extent of the violence hasn’t been known, but the world has been kept in the dark, even as UN Experts was killed in the region when they we’re investigating the violence. This to stop the truth of the massacres and killings there. As the numbers of graves become even worse, even the United Nation wants the state to answer for it. They should have been more decisive, since the reports now in July 2017, has become worse than in April 2017.

Jose-Maria Aranaz, the UN human rights director in the DRC, was speaking just a day after the UN said another 38 suspected mass graves had been discovered in this central part of the country. “With more than 80 mass graves identified … it is essential that the inquiry goes beyond those who physically did it and identifies command responsibilities at the military and political level,” said Aranaz. Aranaz dismissed as “unconvincing” the suggestion that rogue elements of the security forces were responsible for the violence. “We have to stop the killing,” he said” (Today.ng, 2017). “Now, they are among more than 1.3 million people that have become internally displaced by a conflict that has in recent months ravaged Kasaï, a vast area almost the size of Germany in the heart of DRC. The Kasaï region has been known for stability that allowed its residents to live peaceful lives. All that changed last year when militia violence, followed by an army crackdown, pitched the area into chaos” (Kirchhof, 2017).

Another 38 probable mass graves have been discovered in the Democratic Republic of Congo in the country’s troubled central region of Kasai, the United Nations said on Wednesday. At least 80 mass graves have now been identified in the region that has seen a major spike in violence between security forces and a tribal militia since September” (African Democratic Institute, 14.07.2017).

So when you have 80 mass graves in the region that is verified by the United Nations and 1.3 million internally displaced people. It shows the state of anarchy and killings. That the people fear both the rebels and the army, so much that they flee from it. They leave their homes and try to find refugee somewhere else. This going-on with nearly no condemnation, no one thinking of adding pressure on the government and trying to forcefully sanction Kinshasa. This isn’t justice, this is naked violations against humanity. If this sort of killings and destruction of society isn’t targeted by the International Criminal Court

This state of affairs not healthy, it is not worthy a great of a nation like the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Congolese authorities and state should care more for the innocent civilians. But clearly they don’t. Time to care about it and spread the terrible news so it can become agenda. More than the ugly tweets of Trump. This is actual killings and murder of civilians, done by either army or rebels. The world cannot be silenced to this and look the other way! Peace.

Reference:

Kirchhof, Andreas – ‘Violence engulfs Congo’s once-peaceful Kasaï region’ (14.07.2017) link: http://reliefweb.int/report/democratic-republic-congo/violence-engulfs-congo-s-once-peaceful-kasa-region

Today.ng – ‘DRC must identify those behind Kasai massacres – UN official’ (14.07.2017) link: https://www.today.ng/news/africa/314263/drc-identify-kasai-massacres-official

Should President Museveni have requested the Scotland Yard to Investigate in the Kasese Clashes and Assassination of AIGP Kaweesi?

Just as President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni issued a request to the Scotland Yard on the 26th March 1987 to independently investigate the murder of Dr. Andrew Kayira who was murdered on 9th March 1987. The same could have happen on two other recent occasions in the Republic of Uganda. The National Resistance Movement and the President if they wanted the truth on important matters.

Like the massive scores of dead and innocent lives lost in the hours around the skirmishes in Kasese on the 26th November 2016. When the Buhikira Royal Palace was burned down and the lives lost in the fatal hours. At a time the Royal Guards defending the palace as the Police Forces and Special Forces Command we’re attacking the palace. While the Omubusinga bwa Rwenzururu Charles Wesley Mumbere we’re detained. The same was the different numbers of dead Royal Guards, Police Officers, Soldiers and civilians. This is all shown the capacity of the skirmishes done to one kingdom of late, since then the king has been in exile and the treason-charge has been hanging over him. Still, no report of the call for violence and neither a verified number of deceased. This all prove there was something sinister that happen at the Buhikira Royal Palace and a reason for the Security Organizations to burn down the Palace.

When you know this and if you are in government, you should look for the facts and dig deep so the souls who lost their lives are answered for. All of the innocent lives who suddenly was taken away in Kasese, should be answered for. The monarchy of Rwenzururu deserves answers for the demise of so many of their own. The families of the Police Officers and Soldiers deserves the same. If the President had the honor and cared about lives, he would have gotten an independent inquiry into the skirmishes and gotten an investigation report from an outside authority, just like he did when he started as President. He could have done like he did in 1987, but now 30 years later. He doesn’t care, it doesn’t cost him support and neither makes him weak. Therefore, doesn’t have to like in the past, when he needed to clean his hands. Now the overall power is in his hands and therefore can shuffle it away. Still, the ghosts and the remains will hunt the government. Since these are not really answered for. Unless, he request for the Scotland Yard to do a special investigation into the Kasese Clashes and the skirmish at the Buhikira Royal Palace.

The second incident that would need a look into is the sudden assassination of Assistant Inspector General of Police Andrew Felix Kaweesi. In the morning of 19th March 2017, when the AIGP Kaweesi was killed together with the bodyguard Corporal Kenneth Erau and driver Godfrey Mambewa. There been dozens of suspects and people detained. Even the kids of suspects has been behind bars. Many been interviewed on TV, but none has proven a story or even had a fair trial. As the suspects and killers who drove away on boda-boda’s from Kulambiro, Kampala on the 19th March 2017 is still in the wind. The proof of evidence and the killing of the high ranking officer. Can be put in question. As the sudden death of the AIG Kaweesi. Has to be put in question if the efforts of the Police or the State has been thorough enough. Since there are many leads, but nothing has been cleared. The assassins are walking scotch free. So the political assassination are left in the dark.

If the President had acted in the past on the Dr. Kayira murder, he would have asked for help from Scotland Yard on the investigation of AIGP Kaweesi. To settle the score and find the culprits behind it. Not only creating diversions and trying to deflect the case. Like it has been done by the aggression in Kasese in November 2016.

We could question why he didn’t ask for independent investigation help in both the Kasese Clashes and the AIGP Kaweesi assassination. Clearly, the truth would hurt the President and his leadership. Since that might implicate certain individuals around him and even himself. That can be put in question, because he had the ability in the past to contact and request help from Scotland Yard. Something he doesn’t do now. This wouldn’t be neocolonialism, more getting fresh eyes into the murders and death of civilians and high ranking members of Ugandan leadership. It should be important to reveal the truth and find the facts behind the deaths of all of them. Not hid it and try to silence it. Because that is how it seems with every day going without answers of what happen to these people. These cases are still not cleared or had their proper final findings. As long as it stays like that, the remains of these people are not respected. They have been violated, the same has their families and the state has to always answer for their lack of following their moral duty. The moral duty to find the culprits behind the killings. Peace.

 

RDC: Lettre – Societe Civile Forces Vives de la Republique Democratique du Congo – Province du Nord-Kivu: “Object: Etat de lieu de la situation socio securitaire de Bisie Territoire de Walikale” (26.06.2017)

RDC: Lettre du Cabinet d’Advocats – “Concerne: Cas Des Tortures du Batonnier Jean Claude Muyambo” (23.06.2017)

RDC: “Note Technique – Violence dans le Grand Kasai – Resume des dommages soufferts par les institution ecclesistiques” (16.06.2017)

RDC: Communique de Presse du G7 (24.06.2017)

Post Navigation

%d bloggers like this: