What is my worry, well; it’s these warlords, generals in Politics, not ordinary men trying to become legislators, the former civilians, but these men who went with guns into battle and guerrilla; finally taking over and controlling nations, controlling territories with militias and youth wings that disperse and assassinate people. This happens with own Warlords, Proxy-Militias, Guerrillas and serious amount of looting from the Democratic Republic of Congo. I will look quickly into it and explain how I see it, with the looting and little responsibility, since this a question that should be asked, again and again, until there are taken down the men who support the militias, the guerrillas and warlords in the DRC.
That is where I am going as there are so many Warlords that have entered from the DRC during the last two decades; certain ones have earned lots on it and gotten away, like Gen. Paul Kagame, the former Intelligence Officer for Gen. Museveni. These are now Presidents of Rwanda and Uganda, as Kagame have been in central government of Rwanda since 1994, and Museveni have been in charge since 1986. The both took Power with the gun, and are still using it at any point of possibility.
Rwanda has had the CNDP (National Congress for the Defence of the People) that was established by Laurent Nkunda, they we’re a militia from 2006 to 2009, became a political party, while Nkunda have been in exile and in peace in Kigali. The others have been FDLR that have both fighting the FARDC (Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo) and other militias. This fighting have been in mineral rich areas, both gold, cobalt and earth minerals that are used in cellphones, aircrafts and other important industrial production in the west and technology we are all used too, and expect naturally to be there.
There is also Allied Defense Force (ADF-NALU) that is militias that came from Rwenzori region in Uganda, and have been moved over to the DRC. With that in mind they have constantly taken areas and territory with both minerals and burning villages, while not the focus of international media, as the other Ugandan Rebels of LRA have gotten, as they went from Northern Uganda, into DRC forest, then the armies of UPDF (Uganda People’s Defense Force) and FARDC pushed them into the uncertain areas of Central African Republic (C.A.R.) with their ‘Operation Thunder’.
With all of these militias, the biggest one of late M23 (Mouvement du 23-March) who controlled areas for 20 months before the peace-agreement, but the M23 leadership had deliverance of weapons from Uganda, as there was reported training in Kisoro, Uganda and Gisenyi of Rwanda. As the main routes for minerals from Democratic Republic of Congo towards the Rwanda; and there are over Rwenzori and Kabale from Congo as well. So with the well-known knowledge of the looting of DRC, the levels of impunity and fragile borders have been used by Rwandan and Ugandan Government earned money on the inflicted militias.
There been so much money involved that at one point the 2002 U.N. Panel of Experts report on Congo further notes: “A reliable source associated with the Congo Desk have circulated that income to the Desk provided 80 per cent of all RPA expenditure of 1999. The official Rwandan budget for 1999 allocated $80 million to the military… The Congo Desk’s contribution to the Rwandan’s military expenses would therefore have been in order of $320 million. The activities funded by revenues generated by number of domains. These transaction are, however, hidden from scrutiny of international organization,” U.N. Security Council “Final Report of the Panel of Experts” 5/2002/1164 Para 71.
With that in mind, as this was in the middle of the war that happen and took control of the nation together with Uganda, which toppled the Mobutu-Regime. As they we’re reporting on point: “Now it is Kabila, whose steady rebel advance has turned into a juggernaut, who apparently can afford to be coy. His rebels are less than 150 miles from Kinshasa and on Friday added the northwestern city of Lisala–Mobutu’s birthplace–to their conquests” (…)”Truckers attempting to bring food to Kinshasa returned home empty Friday, saying they turned back at Mbankana, a village 50 miles east of the capital, because the road was blocked by fleeing government soldiers and the rebel advance” (…)”Before the meeting, Kabila had said he was prepared only to discuss Mobutu’s swift departure from power. Aides to Mobutu, however, said the president wanted to obtain a cease-fire, to be followed by negotiations for a democratic transition in Zaire. Asked whether Mobutu would announce his resignation, Mobutu’s chief of staff Felix Vunduwe, said, “No. Why should he?” Overshadowing the diplomatic maneuvers has been the rebels’ swift advance, which has exceeded the expectations of military observers. “There’s obviously a plan they’re working to, and they’re doing a very good job at it,” said one diplomat” (Daniszewski, 1997). As this was the beginning, and certainly the Rwandan helpers was paid for their help. Something that was shown by the UN Security Council in 2002; still there haven’t been done much about it, as the violence and killings have lingered and done to this day.
Now it is not Laurent-Désiré Kabila that only did his duty towards the men who put him in power and set in his son into power as well. With the history in mind there are really been looting of the Democratic Republic of Congo, as with the recent knowledge of court justice that says this: “Rubaga South MP Ken Lukyamuzi and other lawmakers, quoting an August 27 Daily Monitor story, demanded to know who was behind the plunder of DRC. “We would like to know the people who committed these atrocities in DRC and how we are going to pay DRC before our country is mortgaged,” Mr Lukyamuzi said. He added: “Our country is about to be mortgaged and none of us can afford to pay Shs82.8 trillion because we are one of the poorest nations.” (Mugerwa, 2015). This was reported on what the Ugandans did in the DRC: “According to press accounts, the ICJ began hearing the DRC’s case against Uganda on April 11. The Congolese delegation, headed by Justice Minister Honorius Kisimba Ngoy, reportedly called for the Ugandans to pay $10 billion in reparations for a host of crimes allegedly committed by Ugandan forces in the Congo from 1998-2003, including murder, human rights abuses, destruction of public property and illegal exploitation of the Congo’s natural resources. The Congolese also reportedly claimed that the Ugandans’ main objective had been to overthrow the Congolese government in Kinshasa, and cited public statements by Ugandan authorities to bolster their case. Press accounts said the Ugandan side rejected these accusations and explained that Uganda had acted to protect its own territory from rebels based in the DRC” (WikiLeaks, 2005).
So with the big money in the looting, even if the official armies are out of Democratic Republic of Congo, wouldn’t Rwanda and Uganda, still earn big bucks on having proxy militias in the DRC as they would always earn good monies on the mineral resources… with the history and the “house-arrest” of Laurent Nkunda in Kigali, proved the connection between Rwandan Militias and the DRC, the same can be said with the M23 that have been pardoned and left in military camps in Kisoro and then went over with military training and weapons from Uganda unto the rebels who even forced the hand of Joseph Kabila.
The chronic issue is that in the midst of this the training have in the Kivu’s have happened in the midst of Internally Displaced Camps and Refugee camps, where both the arms and military training of the militias, that either Interahamwe or Génocidaire who the Rwandan have fought and used as reason for their presence instead of their looting of Congo. That can be proven with the soft actions toward Nkunda, as he has not really been punished, the same with the treatment in Kampala for the leadership of M23. While others have been delivered to the ICC, but not key figures in the supply chain from the Ugandan and Rwandan Government; as there haven’t been questions of the Gen. Salim Selah or others who have been in charge of certain ones have deserved scrutiny from the international world!
As much as the Ugandans army has been involved in the DRC, they have also been together with SPLA/SPLM under President Salva Kiir, as they both have together fought LRA and opposition of the South Sudanese, as President Museveni wants loyal leaders in the region, so that they can all bounce on each other. President Kiir had the support without consent or mission from the United Nations to control the rebels of SPLM-IO and others who didn’t like the sacking of VP Riek Machar. As he is now reinstated the fighting is not between them and the Ugandan army is supposed to be out, as there is not mineral rich in the sense of DRC. If the Ugandans wanted a stake in the oil money there, that would be through military support to suppress the ones who does not want to support Kiir as the head in charge.
Ugandan and Rwandan governments involvement in rebels, in militias, guerrillas in Congo, is not a question worth answering yes or no, it is yes, and that there is still militias that are foreign supported as the Kinyarwanda speaking forces have been collected stripes in the Kivu’s and even French speaking mercenaries have been deployed in Kampala during election period, there are certainly significant connection and monies at stake. The Ugandan and Rwandan want Kabila Reign to continue, as he lets rob and steal for a percentage of the spoils, instead of actually govern, that is why the citizens concerned with killings in Beni in May 2016, was really oppressed, while on the birthday anniversary for the President on the 4th June, they we’re allowed to walk the streets; the impunity and arrogance while the militias, the proxy guerrillas to loot Congo. What saddens me, is the silence, the ignorance, the little care for the violence and killings, the wrong zip-code as it doesn’t matter, but the mineral resources can easily be taken and used in our modern society and smart-phones.
Why are the so little actions from the world society towards the Ugandan and Rwandan Government when they are sponsoring these militias and guerrillas in the Congo and the Kivu’s? That is what I wonder about… this is happening and there is no reactions or real movements, there are some blue-helmets, but they are a stand-by force with no will. The others let the Rwandan and Ugandan does as they please, as the FARDC doesn’t have the commando or the will to act towards them, as they have had a decade to get rid of these proxy miltias; and they are still there earning money on exporting minerals. Something is wrong with that picture, if you don’t see how the Kinshasa-Government are letting the Rwandan and Ugandan friends eat of the Kivu’s, as they would have taken more command, if they didn’t have agreement between Kabila, Kagame and Museveni. I hope you see, what I see? Peace.
Daniszewski, John – ‘Zaire Rebel Leader Kabila Shuns Talks at Sea With President Mobutu’ (04.05.1997) link: http://articles.latimes.com/1997-05-04/news/mn-55301_1_rebel-leader
Mugerwa, Yasiin – ‘Uganda: Government Asked to Name DRC Looters’ (02.09.2015) link: http://allafrica.com/stories/201509020664.html
WikiLeaks – ‘CONGO DEMANDS $10 BN IN REPARATIONS FROM UGANDA’ (15.04.2005) link: https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/05KINSHASA640_a.html
Bare for å gi litt kjøtt på beine til vitsen for de som ikke kjenner de Afrikanske lederne Gado viser. Her er en kort CV til Museveni, Mugabe og Biya.
Posisjon – Fotball manager
Ansatt/tatt posisjonen – 6. November 1986
Går Av: Etter denne sesongen og siste kamp i Premier League vil være mot West Bromwich Albion 19.05.
13 Premier Leauge tittler.
5 FA Cup tittler.
4 League Cup tittler.
2 UEFA Champions Leauge titteler.
1 UEFA Cup winner Cup tittel.
1 Interkontinental Cup titel.
1 Verdens Cup for Klubblag tittel.
Yoweri K. Museveni:
Posisjon – President i Uganda.
Ansatt/tatt posisjonen – 29. Januar 1986.
Var med i slutten av 70-tallet med samarbeid Milton Obote og fikk avsatt Idi Amin ved hjelp av Julius Nyerere fra Tanzania inn til Uganda.
– April 1979: Forsvarsminister i regjeringen til Yusuf Lule.
– Juni 1979: Minister for Reginale affærer i Godfrey Binaisa
– May 1980 – Kupp av Paulo Muwanga
– Desember 1980: Valg – Med ny opprettet Ugandan Patriotic Movement som tapte valget og startet det som blitt kjent som Obote II regjeringen.
– 1981 – 86: Bush krig og stiftelse av NRA(National Resistance Army)
– 29. Januar 1986: Offisielt president.
– Resistance Council startet.
– 1987 – SAP: Structual Adjustment Plan med støtte av IMF.
– 1990: Støttet første mislykkete kupp forsøk til RPF(Rwandan Patriotic Front og Paul Kagame).
– April 1994: Støttet andre invasjon til RPF etter Habyarimana helikopter styrter.
– April 1995: Kutter støtten til Sudan etter Omar Al-Bashir gir støtte til LRA(Lord Resistance Army)
– Konstitusjon i 1995.
– 9. Mai 1996: 72.6% av stemmene. Sverget inn 12. mai.
– 1996-97: Rwanda og Uganda innvaderer DRC(Democratic Republic of Congo), styrter Mobutu Sese Seko og innsetter Laurent Kabila.
– 1997: introduserer gratis grunnutdanning.
– 1998: Rwanda og Uganda innvaderer DRC for andre gang. Insetter sønnen Joseph Kabila i 2001(og forsatt er president).
– 2001: Får 69% av stemmene og første gang Dr. Kizza Besigye og ny startet FDC(Forum Democratic Congress).
– Juli 2005 . Konstisjonell forandring – man trengte ikke lenger å stille som kandidat for parti, men kunne skal stille individuell.
– 30 Juli: Politisk alliert i SPLA John Garang i helikopter kræsj.
– Februar 2006: Tredje valg – andre gang hovedmotstander Dr. Kizza Besigye(FDC).
– 2007 – Sender styrker til AMISOM og AU i Somalia.
– 2011 – Fjerde valgperiode: Valgt med 68 % av stemmene og tredje gang hovedmotstander Dr. Kizza Besigye(FDC).
Robert «Bob» Mugabe:
Posisjon – President i Zimbabwe
Ansatt/tatt posisjon – 31. Desember 1987.
Lærer i Zambia (1955-58) og i Ghana (1958-60). I politisk fangenskap i Rhodesia(Zimbabwe) fra 1964 til 1974.
– Lancaster House Agreement: September 1979. Valg i Februar 1980.
– 4. Mars 1980: Statsminister.
– Juni 1980: Forsvars kontrakt med Nord Korea.
– 1982 Gukurahundi: Omstilling og sendte hæren mot ZAPU’s kjerne område.
– 1987 konsoliderte ZANU og ZAPU til ZANU-PF.
– 1980-tallet: Sosialistisk økonomiske reformer.
– 1989: Sparket ministere og parti medlemmer over korrupsjon.
– 1990: Gjenvalgt.
– 1990: Structural Adjustment Plan (SAP) reformer fra IMF.
– 1994: Sparket ministere og parti medlemmer over korrupsjon.
– 1996: Gjenvalgt igjen.
– 2000: Land Omstillingsreform – Kastet ut 75k hvite bønder.
– 2000: Hyper inflasjon: 40% innflasjon.
– 2001: USA setter inn saksjoner.
– 2002: Gjenvalgt atter en gang etter massiv valgjuks.
– 2002: EU setter inn saksjoner.
– 2002: Morgan Tsvangirai (MDC – Movement for Democratic Change )tapte valgkampen men vant internasjonal presisje .
– 2002: Commonwealth suspenderer Zimbabwe.
– 2005: Parliamentsvalget blir kritisert, utbrudd av vold og rigget.
– 29. Mars 2008: Tapte først valgrunde for MDC.
– 30 Mars 2008: Hemmlig møte med sikkerhetsperson som skulle skremme folket til å velge rett.
– 2. Mai 2008: Tsvangirai 47,9% og Mugabe 43,2%.
– 27. Juni 2008: Zimbabwe Electorial Commision – Mugabe 85,5% og Tsvangirai 9,3%. Valg var kontroversielt.
– 11. September 2008: Samarbeidsregjering etter forhandlinger mellom MDC og ZANU-PF.
– Forsatt President – Vise President Tsvangirai.
– 2010: IMF – andre året med «flytende» økonomi.
Posisjon – President i Kamerun
Ansatt/tatt posisjon – 6. November 1982.
– 1968 – Første minister post.
– Juni 1970 – Innenriks minister.
– 30 Juni 1975 Statsminister.
– Midten av 1980-tallet økonomisk kriser.
– 1984: Vant valget med 99,98%.
– 1988: Gjenvalgt.
– 1990: Legalisere andre politiske partier.
– 1990 – tallet: Økonomiske kriser.
– 1992: Vant valget igjen med 40%.
– 1997: Gjenvalgt med 92,6%.
– 2004: Gjenvalgt med 70,92%.
– 2011: Gjenvalgt med 77,9%.