MinBane

Helt ute av sporet (Okumala ekigwo okulyaku kya okuziga)

Archive for the tag “Forces Armees de la RDC”

RDC: Declaration Politique des Deputes Nationaux du Grand-Nord sur la Situation Securitaire Deficitaire (20.07.2017)

DRC: Closure of 5 fixed bases in the North-Kivu province for the purposes of more flexibility and mobility (19.07.2017)

Those bases are located in Walikale-centre and Bunyapuri (Territory of Walikale), in Masisi-centre and Nyabiondo (Territory of Masisi) and Luofu (Territory of Lubero).

KINSHASA, Democratic Republic of Congo, July 19, 2017 – Within the framework of its change of mode of operations, MONUSCO will close, as from 31st July, five fixed bases in the territories of Walikale, Masisi and Lubero in the North-Kivu, says the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General in DRC, Maman Sidikou.

Those bases are located in Walikale-centre and Bunyapuri (Territory of Walikale), in Masisi-centre and Nyabiondo (Territory of Masisi) and Luofu (Territory of Lubero).

The new operational device consists in prioritizing flexibility and mobility in military interventions in line with the strategy adopted by the UN department of peace-keeping operations.

It includes long-distance patrols, presence demonstrations patrols, air surveillance and rapid deployment in the event of security incident.

“MONUSCO changes its mode of operations, as it continues to fulfil its mandate, that is, continuing to back Congolese authorities’ efforts for civilians’ protection,” declares M. Sidikou.

This new operational device is already being implemented in the Kasaï province, where MONUSCO has deployed, to date, three companies, say roughly 350 troops.

“To make the device more effective, it would be critical that communities swiftly transmit all security-related information to MONUSCO,” highlighted MONUSCO military authorities.

MONUSCO will therefore step up the early warning system and ensure that access to populations is improved.

Currently, MONUSCO can deploy, pursuant to the mandate set out in the resolution 2348 of March 2017, up to 16,215 troops, against 19,815 in the previous mandate.

RDC: Tribunal de Grande Instance – Lubumbashi – “Ordonnance de Fixation de date d’Audience” – Moise Katumbi Chapwe (18.07.2017)

RDC: Lucha – “Urgent: Appel a des manifestations pacifiques le lundi 31 juilet 2017, sur toute l’etendue de la RDC” (17.07.2017)

RDC: “A cet effet, le Comite Directeur de l’ARC fait la declaration suivante” (15.07.2017)

RDC: MSR / G7 Afrique du Sud – Communique de Presse (14.07.2017)

RDC: Communique du PPRD (15.07.2017)

DRC: Time to care about the mass graves in the Kasai-Oriental Province Part II

By Mid-April there we’re found 40 Mass Graves in the Kasai-Oriental Region in the Democratic Republic of Congo. You would think the findings of 40 Mass Graves in the region are dire enough. The warning signs of the efforts done to kill and burn villages in the region. The province of Kasai has been targeted by the Armed Forces of Democratic of Congo (FARDC). This has been done since there is local rebellion because of the violence of the army, this is known as Kamunia Nsapu.

The extent of the violence hasn’t been known, but the world has been kept in the dark, even as UN Experts was killed in the region when they we’re investigating the violence. This to stop the truth of the massacres and killings there. As the numbers of graves become even worse, even the United Nation wants the state to answer for it. They should have been more decisive, since the reports now in July 2017, has become worse than in April 2017.

Jose-Maria Aranaz, the UN human rights director in the DRC, was speaking just a day after the UN said another 38 suspected mass graves had been discovered in this central part of the country. “With more than 80 mass graves identified … it is essential that the inquiry goes beyond those who physically did it and identifies command responsibilities at the military and political level,” said Aranaz. Aranaz dismissed as “unconvincing” the suggestion that rogue elements of the security forces were responsible for the violence. “We have to stop the killing,” he said” (Today.ng, 2017). “Now, they are among more than 1.3 million people that have become internally displaced by a conflict that has in recent months ravaged Kasaï, a vast area almost the size of Germany in the heart of DRC. The Kasaï region has been known for stability that allowed its residents to live peaceful lives. All that changed last year when militia violence, followed by an army crackdown, pitched the area into chaos” (Kirchhof, 2017).

Another 38 probable mass graves have been discovered in the Democratic Republic of Congo in the country’s troubled central region of Kasai, the United Nations said on Wednesday. At least 80 mass graves have now been identified in the region that has seen a major spike in violence between security forces and a tribal militia since September” (African Democratic Institute, 14.07.2017).

So when you have 80 mass graves in the region that is verified by the United Nations and 1.3 million internally displaced people. It shows the state of anarchy and killings. That the people fear both the rebels and the army, so much that they flee from it. They leave their homes and try to find refugee somewhere else. This going-on with nearly no condemnation, no one thinking of adding pressure on the government and trying to forcefully sanction Kinshasa. This isn’t justice, this is naked violations against humanity. If this sort of killings and destruction of society isn’t targeted by the International Criminal Court

This state of affairs not healthy, it is not worthy a great of a nation like the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Congolese authorities and state should care more for the innocent civilians. But clearly they don’t. Time to care about it and spread the terrible news so it can become agenda. More than the ugly tweets of Trump. This is actual killings and murder of civilians, done by either army or rebels. The world cannot be silenced to this and look the other way! Peace.

Reference:

Kirchhof, Andreas – ‘Violence engulfs Congo’s once-peaceful Kasaï region’ (14.07.2017) link: http://reliefweb.int/report/democratic-republic-congo/violence-engulfs-congo-s-once-peaceful-kasa-region

Today.ng – ‘DRC must identify those behind Kasai massacres – UN official’ (14.07.2017) link: https://www.today.ng/news/africa/314263/drc-identify-kasai-massacres-official

RDC: IMF letter on possible FCR support (29.06.2017)

RDC: G7 – Communique de Presse (10.07.2017)

Post Navigation

%d bloggers like this: