South Sudan: The Leaked Points to be Discussed in Addis Ababa at the 12th June 2017 IGAD Summit (05.06.2017)
1. August 2015 Peace Agreement has fundamentally failed and there is no government in Juba Implementing it. What has to be done?
2. Roadmap to the new political process is needed and must be inclusive. What steps needed to be taken?
3. Returning of SPLM/A-IO leader Dr. Machar to South Sudan as a signatory to peace agreement has to be considered.
4. National Dialogue has to be used as a supplementary to August Peace Agreement not a replacement to a signed peace agreement.
5. Humanitarian crisis in South Sudan becomes worsening ever in African Continent. It needs urgent responses.
6. Government’s National Dialogue and unilateral ceasefire did not yield any improvement to the conflict so far. IGAD-backed by international community has a mandatory to take urgent action before genocide takes shape in South Sudan.
6. Taban Deng Gai’s break away group has to choose either SPLM-IO led by Former First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny-Dhurgon or SPLM-IG led by Salva Kiir Mayardit in order to avoid a vacuum for confusions during the implementation of peace agreement.
IGAD-backed by international community pledged to lead and create a lasting peace ever witness in South Sudan.